Saturday, October 2, 2010

DOING GOOD WHILE DOING WELL



Refuse no one the good on which he has a claim when it is in your power to do it for him. – Proverbs 3:27
“Doing good while doing well” is a principle taught in our Masters in Entrepreneurship class. It’s a corporate social responsibility to share success with the community, especially with employees. When business is bad, obviously there is nothing to give back. But when owners can afford an extravagant lifestyle on their business allowances, their people must, at the very least, enjoy full benefits and minimum wage.
Knowing I had a ministry- business then, my professor gave me a different challenge: “Do well while doing good.” This was tougher to follow. My struggles to do both were eased with this prayer:
When business dips and sales are few, O Lord, sustain me. When the BIR comes and finds non-existent income, O Lord, defend me. When strategies and ideas run dry, O Lord, inspire me. When opportunities knock and the risk is scary, O Lord, encourage me. When money is scarce and the SSS and Philhealth checks need to be signed, O Lord, empower me. When you finally bless us with abundance and loyal employees need a raise, O Lord, remind meLella Santiago (mirellasantiago@yahoo.com)
REFLECTION:
To do good and do well are both our call.
Let me be generous to others the way You’ve been generous to me, Lord.

When in Cebu City, please visit gregmelep.com for your real estate and retirement needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment