Thursday, August 23, 2012

Probinsya Restaurant Davao – Sooo Pinoy Davao Leg




Written By


Because home is where the flavor is.

kare kare, sooo pinoy davao
 Care to care for some kare-kare?

sooo pinoy davao
 Lechon kawali

sooo pinoy davao
Tsokolate-eh, tsokolate-ah? 

puto bumbong, sooo pinoy davao
 Puto bumbong

 When in Manila for the Sooo Pinoy Food Tour (Davao Leg)

I am not a city girl. I may have grown up in the scouts area in Quezon City, but I do not really fit into city living. I do not like busy streets, beeping cars, the maddening crowd rushing to work or filing up in train stations. I fit where it’s quiet, where there are tall trees and fresh air, where I can grow my own produce in my backyard. If only my hometown could offer me the career (and pay haha) that I have right now, I would not hesitate to move. I love the provincial life.

When we visited Probinsya restaurant in Davao for Unilever’s Sooo Pinoy food tour, it reminded me of days when we’d spend summer in Ilocos and Baguio. As a kid, I’ve always looked forward to the long vacations we’d take in my tatay’s hometown. Going home to the province meant laid back afternoons, eating mangoes and biko while playing with cousins, swimming in the river and the beach, and walking around the “city”.

sooo pinoy davao
 Probinsya Restaurant Davao

sooo pinoy davao
Buffet table

sooo pinoy davao
 Inside Probinsya Restaurant Davao

What is Probinsya Restaurant Davao?

Probinsya offers an extensive menu filled with homegrown dishes such as kare-kare, bacalao, and dinuguan. The flavors of the food would stand to the name of the restaurant – one bite and you’ll know you’re back at home, in your probinsya. I almost forgot to mention – they offer all of these for only PhP148. Yep. 148 Pesos for a very sumptuous and filling buffet.

The Filipino food dining experience was made complete by:

sooo pinoy davao
 Kakanin

sooo pinoy davao
 Dried Fish

sooo pinoy davao
 Ensalada

sooo pinoy davao
 Ensaladang ampalaya

They had  almost all sorts of kakanin (rice cakes). It was a dessert heaven for the Pinoys and Pinoys at heart.

sooo pinoy davao
 Puto bumbong – not just for Christmas!

sooo pinoy davao
 Kakainin galore!

sooo pinoy davao
 Maja blanca

sooo pinoy davao
 Pichi-Pichi

puto maya, sooo pinoy davao
 Gaya gaya, puto maya!

What’s a good meal if you don’t have anyone to share it with?

sooo pinoy davao
Meet the very warm and welcoming staff of Probinsya Davao… 

puto bumbong, sooo pinoy davao
… and ate, our puto bumbong angel.

sooo pinoy davao
Sooo Pinoy Food Ambassador Bogart the Explorer with
Unilever’s Poch and Stratworks’ Andrea

sooo pinoy davao
 The owner of Probinsya Restaurant with Melo Villareal of  OutOfTownBlog.com
 
Home is where the flavor is.
 That’s what came to my mind when I had a bite of Probinsya’s kare-kare. See, I’m a big fan of kare-kare. And when something has been tagged as my favorite, I tend to be quite too particular about it. Probinsya’s version did not disappoint me. Rather, it had set my kare-kare (from restaurants) expectations a notch higher. It was that good. Just like every other dish they have served.

sooo pinoy davao
 Lechon Kawali



balbacua davao, sooo pinoy davao
 Balbacua





kare kare, sooo pinoy davao
Kare-Kare

sooo pinoy davao
 The ultimate staple food of Pinoys – kanin!


Why Probinsya Restaurant Davao is Soo Pinoy

Probinsya offers affordable buffet meals at PhP148 for breakfast and PhP280 for both lunch and dinner. It fits the budget of the Pinoy without compromising taste nor quality.

Next time, when in
 Manila
 Davao, make sure you drop by Probinsya for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I swear by every bite that I have taken, the flavors would take you back closer to home. With probinsya food at a probinsya price, I’m almost certain you wouldn’t be asking for more.

And when in Cebu City, please visit gregmelep.com for a more comprehensive tour and real estate deals.
Avail of the opportunity to own a condominium unit in Cebu City for only P12,000.00/month with its own parking lot. Hurry while the supply of units last. Just call the Tel. Nos. shown below.
Tel. Nos. (032)555-8464/09164422611/09435551680/09173378637


No comments:

Post a Comment