Sunday, August 22, 2010

Changes in government service..........worth applauding

Several days ago, I traveled to Tacloban City to get an National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and National Statistics Office (NSO) clearance as a requirement to the renewal of my Real Estate Broker license now under the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) as per RA 9646 effective August 6, 2010. All Real Estate Brokers, Assessors, Appraisers, and Consultants together with real estate agents are being required to renew their licenses now under the auspices of the PRC.

When I arrived at around 10:00 AM on August 18, 2010 at  the NBI offices at Tacloban City, I was adamant to get started in my purpose. I was overwhelmed by the number of people waiting at the area assigned them, because I'm thinking that I might not be able to finish what is required of me. But alas, to my surprise it took me less than an hour to get my NBI clearance and off I go to the NSO office to get my authenticated birth certificate.

Before going to the NSO office in  another part of Tacloban City, I decided to eat first since it was already 10:45 AM and since I'm already at downtown of the said city I entered Chowking restaurant and ordered a fish lauriat which I devoured heartily, after which I rode a multicab going to the NSO office.

Looking for the NSO office is not a problem because people would gladly tell where it is, but the problem lies in the people that will bring you to the place, since it is not along the major route of public utility vehicles plying different or major routes. But luckily I was able to find the place without a hitch.

Upon arrival at the said office I was again overwhelmed by the number of people waiting. It was almost triple the number of people at the NBI offices. So I decided immediately of just returning a day later because the last trip to Palompon, Leyte is 2:30 PM through PACCI liner. As I was on the verge of living I happen to see an announcement plastered in a window saying that a special lane is available for senior citizens.

I immediately get a form and fill it up with the necessary data and submit it to the same window and wait at a chair reserve for waiting customers. After an hour of waiting my name was called and thanks God, I received the certificate with joy as I didn't expect the result of my request to be this fast, There is really a big difference several years ago when it will take you a week to get the same thing.

 While going out, I was happy when somebody (a tricycle driver) picked me up to bring me the the New Bus Terminal at Baranggay Abucay, Tacloban City for my trip home, but to my surprise he asked me to pay P40 pesos as fare, which to my belief is to big for a short trip. To avoid trouble I just give the driver P30 pesos and that settled it. On the way home I was so happy thinking that I was able to finish two clearances coming from two government institution in one day. And that's a whole good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment