Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine date at Sunburst


Sunday, February 14, 2010 I invited my wife to eat out. Since she not willing to go to a restaurant who serve chili in their dish, we decided to eat at Sunburst, because this is one of the original or one of the longest staying eatery in this part of Visayas, ika nga mayroong history.

I remember that when I was still working in Cebu City with the Bureau of Customs, we have the habit of going out every friday to unwind (drink). Part of our destination is Sunburst, for the chicken dish they serve.

I also invited my eldest daughter Michelle to join us thinking that since I was not around during her birthday last January 24, 2010 she should treat me for a repeat of her b-day bash. We went to Sunburst Mango early, afraid that the restaurant might be full of people celebrating Valentine's day. Luckily the resto was half empty when we arrived.

Together with their usual fare of fried chicken, we ordered soup of "sinigang" shrimp, a vegetable dish, leche flan, ice cream, drinks for them and a bottle of pale pilsen for me.
It was a simple but still filling meal. After a short rest we immediately went back home even if my wife is asking to see the movie "Avatar". I told them to just a buy a DVD copy of the film and together we could see it in our own living room.

Photo by GME courtesy of Nokia N95

I'm not really in the mood of going out late because I wanted to rest my aching body and get a good and sound sleep. 

On my return home I took the "Supercat" to Ormoc at the early hours of the morning. We are about halfway in our travel when this beautiful sunrise between  Mactan and Camotes islands caught my eyes.

 I am still half awake and still sleepy when I suddenly gaze outside and see the sun slowly coming out of the horizon. I immediately took my ever loyal Nokia N95 and started shooting through the glass pane of the Supercat vessel.
That's why you can see the flash reflection at the upper right portion of the picture which seem to be
another sun hiding in the dark clouds above the deep
blue sea.We'll this is not a phenomenon, because sunrise and sunset are called dime a dozen in any part of the Philippines. Bye for now..........

No comments:

Post a Comment