Friday, October 28, 2011

David Foster and Charice's work relationship still on



By JULIEN MERCED C. MATABUENA
David Foster will not be producing songs for Charice in the meantime but it doesn't mean they won't work with each other from hereon (AP Photo)
David Foster will not be producing songs for Charice in the meantime but it doesn't mean they won't work with each other from hereon (AP Photo)
MANILA, Philippines – Hit maker David Foster will not produce songs for his protégé and goddaughter Charice starting December now that he is with another record label.
David, who ended his 26-year stint with Warner Music last Sept. 30, was quoted as saying by PEP during the press conference held on Oct. 24, “December 1st will be my first day with Universal Records. Come December 1st, I won't be able to produce for Charice anymore because I can't take her with me.
“She's staying at Warner and I'm going to Universal [Records],” he explained.
However, the acclaimed music producer assured that he would continue to perform on stage with Charice.
“As for touring, I hope for many, many years we will always tour together [as long as] she has the time. She tours on her own,” he said, adding, “I love having her and she loves being with me and that's not going to change.”
Charice’s mother Racquel Pempengco likewise clarified that her daughter will continue to work with David beyond the “Hit Man Returns: David Foster & Friends” concert set in Manila on Tuesday evening. Recall that it was previously reported that this concert will be David and Charice’s last collaborative effort.
“Na-misinterpret lang 'yung sinabi ni David. Kasi magkakaroon nga ulit ng bagong album at magso-solo tour si Charice,” Racquel told abs-cbnnews.com in a report published on Tuesday.
On the other hand, Charice said in the same PEP report, “Ang paghihiwalay, hindi yun mangyayari kahit lilipat siya sa Universal [Records].”
“I always tell David that I'm always here for him. He's always been there for me and whatever he wants to do with me, I'm in. We're a team,” she was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, David expressed his interest to work with Tony Award-winning theater actress Lea Salonga. On Monday afternoon, “doctor to the stars” Vicki Belo posted on her Twitter account that she’s having lunch with David and that he “wants to get in touch” with Lea.
On this, the hit maker said that Lea’s name “just came up” during the course of their conversation.
“We actually argued. I said, 'I thought she was part of Mulan the musical. And they said, 'No, she was part of Mulan [the Disney movie].'
“I remembered her voice and that she was from the Philippines. She is an amazing singer. I would love for her to come to the show and experience all of this 'coz she's a great singer,” said he.
Vicki’s fiancé Hayden Kho also announced on Twitter the same day that David and Michael Bolton – who’s also part of the “David Foster & Friends” tour with Ashanti, Russell Watson and Philip Bailey – were “super impressed” by R&B singer Kyla. During the same press conference, David quoted Michael as describing Kyla as “super amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment